Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dating woes





lets face it, dating sometimes is not fun! As a single gal you are looking for a mixture of so many different things, you want the classic and scruffy Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice), the charming Mr. Edward Ferris (Sense & Sensibility), the charismatic Mr. Knightly (Emma), and the gentleness of Mr. Tilney (Northanger Abbey)... (all of Jane Austen books), but yet we come to see the reality that we may not have all nor even one. But someone once was describing their "perfect" woman, I won't go into detail what they said, but something really struck me at the end was that she may have been "perfect" to him, but she wasn't real, she was a fantasy. So yes sometimes I do wish I had Mr. Darcy sitting next to me at church, but the fact of the matter is, he is fiction. Someday I know I will find my "Mr. Darcy" and be able to know that he is real! So back to my title, dating woes.... yes its a bummer sometimes to have deal with the dating games of life, but to have hope and faith that the greatest reward is coming and to strive everyday to be a better me! One day, one day....

1 comment: