Monday, May 17, 2010

Runnin' and Runnin'








So this year I have decided to run the Ragnar Wasatch Back! If any of you don't know what the Ragnar relay race is, let me enlighten you... So this race covers 188 miles, from Logan to Park City Utah. You have a team of 12 members, and you run 3 different times during this great ordeal of a race. Some legs are harder than others, some runners are far more experienced, but its challenging, that is why I have decided to do it! I am on a slightly older team, (I am the only one under 30), but I am happy because most of them are seasoned runners. The race is in one month from today (June 18-19th) and some of the team members ran a 10K (6.2 miles) so we could know what pace we are to know what time we start (different teams start at different times according to their faster or slower paces). So now it will be known what time in the day and the middle of the nights we will be running! I have been trying to do my homework and to run everyday but it has been hard. When I ran the 10K I used the GU(goo) energy gels to see what they felt like and also shot blocks and wow my body was shaking from how much energy I had in me! But good to know they work right?! I am so proud that I have worked up to running those 6 miles, the other week I ran twice in one day, yeah crazy me, but that is what they suggest you do so that you will be in shape for the race.
This may sound crazy to some people, but I look at it as an opportunity to do something this extravagent. I would never run multiple mile legs in a 24 hour period! How fun, and exciting it is to do something unknown and still something as familiar as running!
So know comes the crazy fun part where I get all new gear and try try try to run every day! Motivation please come to me!!! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Megs you are great! I could never run as much as you. You are way good too. I hope i can come cheer you on. Keep your head up when it's down. Love ya

    ReplyDelete