Sunday, June 26, 2011

IDAHO!


So, in all my years of living I have never been to Idaho. I have been to northern Utah, but never across the border. But this past weekend I got invited to go there for Nick's family reunion. I had nothing else to do, so I thought, why not! It wasn't going to be a long trip but I didn't know what to expect. He said something about a ranch so I was expecting it to be like a ranch, well it kinda was but not exactly. It was more camping than anything else, but praises there was at least bathroom! I love camping don't get me wrong, but I love running water and sanitary things too! So off we went on Friday evening to go! We hadn't gotten anything yet for food and what not so we decided that outside of Salt Lake we would stop and get stuff. Since neither one of us know very much about northern Utah Nick asked me to look up where Walmart was to stop there and get food etc..So I got my phone out and looked it up and then the next thing I knew my phone's screen went black! I got my iPhone just a few months ago and it has never done that to me before! I didn't know what to do, I pushed buttons, I tried charging it, nothing was working...great, went through my mind. Because of that event I couldn't take any pictures which I was planning to! I was so bummed but I put it to the side since I couldn't really do anything about it. But we did find a Walmart in Brigham City and Nick almost had a heart attack because of how much we spent on food, which I also do have to admit was WAY too much for 1 day! He's an over-planner. So after his anxiety attack and dinner at a very questionable Burger King, our next desitnation was Idaho! It was only about a 2 1/2 drive all together without counting our stops, so not too far. The Ranch that we went to was just outside of Malad outside the border, and I couldn't believe how green it was, and so many hills! They all said that usually it is really brown but because of all the rain its super green. Then we arrived at the ranch and I met all the extended family on his dad's side and I let Nick answer all the questions about him and I, but suprisingly we didn't get too many! I just love families and to see families get together. My family is all over the world and I don't have the privilege to be with all of them very much so I always enjoy when I get to be with my amazing family or with Nick's wonderful family! It was everything that you could think of a reunion having, one sprained ankle, a campfire, children falling in dirt, the boys firing guns (I did it too!), 4-wheelers, food galore, and so many wonderful people! Fun times! On the way home I had to drive part of the way because my boy was so tired so I relieved him for a little bit, and we was out! But we made it home and then I fixed my phone, yay! So it was a great first time to Idaho!

No comments:

Post a Comment