Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Art











I just love good art! I am taking an Art History class right now, and I am learning about civilzation through the history of art! Its amazing what I have learned, and I have enjoyed every minute... well almost every minute of it! I think learning about roman, greek, and early imperial art has been my favorite... you know, like the amazing statues now placed in the Vatican, or other museums in Rome or Berlin, it amazes me to see the beauty being able to be presented through someones skill of hand.
My mom, who is very knowlegable on this subject, knows what good art is! I have always appreciated that art was placed throughout our home for us to admire and for it to bring a special spirit in the home. Most of my siblings are artists, (I play the piano), and I am thankful that I have this little artistic family who apprecitates art for art! But more importanty where that talent comes from!
The first painting is by my sister Beth who gave this painting as a gift to her husband for Christmas... the second one is a statue of the Goddess Nike by an unkown sculptor

No comments:

Post a Comment