Monday, April 5, 2010

day of birth


















so tomorrow is my birthday! I have loved the day of my birth from when I was a little girl! April 6th is a momentous day in Church history and I always felt special when I could say that that was my birthday and have it related to so many glorious events! When I was on my mission serving in Fayette NY, where the church was organized on April 6, 1830, I had always wanted to be there on that day, and I was! My mission president called me and wished me a happy birthday and I mentioned to him that I had always wanted to be at the Peter Whitmer farm on my birthday, and he said back to me, "I think there was a higher hand in that Sis. Smailes". I know the Lord loves me, and I was am grateful that he knows my heart and just simple things that can make me happy. I have had countless blessings on my birthday, conference, Easter, and just being happy being surrounded by family and friends, and plus all of the M&Ms that have been give to me that I love!! Especially to my mom, who of course gave birth to me and made my birthdays special, yes even from Maui! Love you mom!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great birthday! I am excited to spend some time with you this coming week!

    ReplyDelete